Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elephant Gestation

Today is the day I've been waiting for, yearning for, biting my nails for, obsessively tracking polls for, walking the streets for--November 4th. I've had this day circled in red on my calendar for so long now, that I'm staring in disbelief today. It's here, finally. This has been such a long haul, nearly as long as an elephant's gestation. But today, I'm hoping not for the birth of the symbol of the republican party, but a donkey. Too bad donkey's are not the sexiest of symbols, although I do appreciate their stubbornness. I anticipate it being a long night as we await not only the presidential election results, but also the result of numerous local and state races. I don't think I'll fully exhale until we see the Obama landslide I'm hoping for...

No comments: