Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wine & Nuts

Next week is thanksgiving. I'm sure most Americans are aware of this, but the fact that it is already here, as in next week, just entered my consciousness. I guess I should order that turkey for the SEVENTEEN people who will be here in six days wanting to eat something other than mac 'n cheese. Since coming out of my time warp, I went to the store today and at least started to give some thought to what we might want to cook next week. I didn't get too far, but I did buy 10 bottles of wine, so that should get us through. We'll just eat fondu and drink wine, and really I think we'd all be happy with that. Oh, yes, we also have about 30 lbs. of freshly roasted hazelnuts that Quinn, Logan and I picked last week. So maybe I'll "forget" about the bird and we'll just graze and drink instead.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

oh, honey. We're going to need more than 10 bottles of wine.

Unknown said...

screw the bird. Let's DRINK!