Friday, June 19, 2009

Day Two

Yesterday sucked. I was questioning my reasons all day for doing this cleanse. I was STARVING all day. I'd have brief moments when I didn't feel hungry, but that never lasted for more than 3 minutes. Then I'd feel hungry again and once more question myself. It was a vicious loop. The strange thing was by the end of the day I made dinner for Jim, Quinn & Logan, and felt just fine with not partaking. I think by that time I was over-hungry, so nothing looked appetizing. What I missed most was not having my evening glass of wine while I cooked. My grandmothers both taught me the joys of cooking while sipping a glass of wine, and funny thing is it really does make cooking more fun. I thought about pouring my lemonade mixture into a wine glass, but that just seemed plain wrong.

Still no headaches from caffeine withdrawal. Jim said his didn't start until day two. This morning I actually feel pretty good. No hunger pangs, no headache. I've already consumed my salt water, which is really the worst part of this. It would be one thing if I was swimming in the warm ocean and happened to swallow salt water, it's quite another to intentionally drink a whole glass. Ick, ick, ick. I'm not particularly thrilled about drinking more of the lemonade, as it does get a bit old after consuming 64oz. of it yesterday. I'm pacing myself today and am currently enjoying some herbal licorice tea (see, I just can't get away from my licorice!) I'm sure some Master Cleanse purists would balk at the fact that I'm drinking an un-approved herbal tea, but whatever. I'm starting to wonder at some of the testimonials I found on the internet from people who regularly partake in a cleanse. One woman claims to do a 30-day cleanse, to which I say, "no way." Classic quoted testimonial used to sell books about how great she feels and yadayadayada. I relate more to the woman who was quoted saying that after three days she was ready to put her mouth on the tail-pipe of her friends car that ran on bio-diesel because it smelled like french-fries. That I can relate to.

No comments: